Wednesday 7 January 2015

30 Paintings in 30 Days - Day 6 - Half Pear

I'm finding that even redrawing the lineart that has been painted over it makes such a difference in how much the image pops. Also found out today what a difference it makes to paint an underpainting in a completely different colour to the one you want showing on top. That will be coming up in a couple of days. Todays pear was an experiment in painting a thicker layer rather than being so sparing, and I'm pretty happy. The colours aren't quite what I originally envisioned, but I quite like this one as it is.



I almost missed the deadline for submitting this one to the 30 in 30 linkup on Leslie Saeta's blog. It was sitting in my email ready to upload, but I didn't realise I hadn't submitted it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

nRelate Posts Only