Sunday 18 January 2015

30 Paintings in 30 Days - Day 16 - Goldfish Girl Work in Progress 1

I've started my next 12 x 12 portrait. This one is taking a little longer because I had a friend in town at the moment, which cuts down on available painting time. I started wit a layer of orange and blue leftover paint from the previous painting, which I spread liberally over the surface. Some of it mixed to make a surprisingly nice green. I'm pretty picky with greens, usually. I then drew my lineart directly over the painted page with a Bic mark-it pen in Tuxedo Black.



The orange sploshes amongst the blue remind me of goldfish swimming in a pond, hence the title "Goldfish Girl". She also looks a bit like a hipster in those glasses, so she reminds me of the Starbucks logo mermaid.

Not quite sure where to take it from here. I guess wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

nRelate Posts Only