Friday 10 January 2014

A New Year for Blogging

Well, it's already January and I've been trying to get this whole blogging thing underway for a while. I'd really like to showcase some of my art and maybe provide inspiration and entertainment to others, like the many talented bloggers who have inspired and entertained me. I just haven't quite been able to get over the scary hurdle of actually starting. I can't decide what I want my blog to be like. Should it be highly professional and only geared towards salable products in my Etsy shop? Should it be devoted to finished pieces of original art? Or should it include experiments, failures, mistakes, tutorials, tidbits about life?

To be honest, I don't really know how this blog will turn out. Maybe it will stick this time, and I'll actually get into the habit of posting regularly. I've been drawing at least a page per day in my sketchbook since September 2013, which is itself an achievement for me. I think the goal now is to stop worrying about what this creature will be. It is what it is. If I don't stop worrying about achieving perfection, I'll never get it off the ground at all. I want to share with others. I want to show people things that they find beautiful or amusing or interesting. That is my plan for this, ultimately.

2014 is the year to make that happen. I hope you will be entertained. Happy New Year, everybody.



No comments:

Post a Comment

nRelate Posts Only